- December 2021 will be the next WDI Registry Recertification class for those whose certification expired 12/31/2021.
- CANCELED FOR 2021: The 1.5 day WDI Registry Workshop that includes both instruction and a comprehensive manual has been postponed to January 2022. This course needs to be in-person and there is no way to safely do it in 2020. Although the classes won’t get you on the registry, we recommend you attend the virtual recertification course and the NEPMA Spring Training as both will contain valuable information for your WDI inspections in the year ahead.
Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) Inspection Training and Certification Program
NEPMA has developed a professional, pest management industry-specific training and registration program for conducting inspections and recommending treatment options for wood destroying insects (WDI). This program represents the Association’s formal training and registration program and is open to all pest management professionals and other real estate inspection professionals interested in being added to the NEPMA WDI Registry.
To be added to the registry
Professionals attend a 1.5 day training that covers the biology, behavior, and identification of WDIs as well as the legal implications of doing WDI inspections and how to complete the NPMA-33 form. At the end of the training, all participants take a written exam. Those who pass are added to the NEPMA WDI Registry. WDI registration is good for three years after which the professional must attend a 1/2 day refresher training to remain on the WDI registry. The next certification opportunity will be January 2022.
The training program includes:
- 12 Hours of classroom instruction plus the registration exam
- Comprehensive training manual authored by Dr. George Rambo
- Certificate of completion of the W.D.I. training program (good for 3 years)
- CEUs for Category 43 and CORE
- 12 CEUs for MA Board of Registration for Home Inspectors
- 12 ASHI MRCs
To remain on the registry
Attend the December recertification class every 3 years.
To get on the mailing list for when the next class is scheduled, please fill out our contact form.