What Is QualityPro
QualityPro is the highest accreditation program available for the pest management industry. Endorsed by the National Pest Management Association, QualityPro sets national standards for businesses and services and recognizes companies committed to proving the professionalism of their industry. Accredited companies are an elite group recognized for their dedication to their company, their customers, and their industry.
QualityPro sets the standards of excellence for professional pest management companies and their employees through education, training, and certification, so you can confidently choose a nationally accredited pest management company.
Accredited companies meet 16 standards that exceed mandated state, provincial, territorial, and federal laws and requirements such as background checks on all employees, training sales and service professionals to pass our national exam, and having a drug-free workplace policy.
Examples Of QualityPro Standards
Here are some examples of QualityPro standards that must be met before a company can achieve this exclusive designation:
- All employees must undergo a comprehensive background check before ever showing up to service your account.
- Companies must have a drug-free workplace policy that not only prohibits illegal drugs, but also requires employees to notify management if they are using prescribed medication that may impair their judgment, driving ability, performance or behavior.
- Motor vehicle record checks must be conducted on all employees that drive a company vehicle or a personal vehicle for company business.
- Each employee that shows up to your residence or business is required to adhere to a strict uniform dress code and service vehicle maintenance and appearance policy. (We want to make a great first impression…no leaking oil on your driveway or dirty boots on your carpet!)
- QualityPro ensures that companies must provide you with a warranty/service agreement that clearly outlines the scope of service in BOLD type on the first page of the contract.
- Clear communication practices must be followed, including procedures for contacting the customer to schedule the inspection and notification.
- Sales and service technicians must first meet testing minimums before they are eligible to work on your account. QualityPro feels that testing and training are among the most important aspects of any service industry.
- The QualityPro program also contains an environmental stewardship aspect that requires companies to offer integrated pest Management services (IPM) to its customers. If you would like more information on what “IPM” means, just ask your service provider.
- Advertising practices are put in place to ensure that companies don’t make false claims when soliciting your business. No images, words or misleading terminology!
- All companies that enroll in the QualityPro program must have insurance minimums in place for workers comp, general liability and vehicles.
In addition, QualityPro strives to ensure that all companies in the program are meeting these criteria through continually conducting random audits on all program members.